The Office of Special Programs - College Prep offers two programs: UChicago Upward Bound and the University of Chicago S.T.E.M. Initiative. Both are free, year-round college access programs for high-school students.
We are currently recruiting 9th and 10th graders to begin by January 11th, 2020. Applications will close on December 2nd, 2019. Students who would like to join a program must submit an online application along with the appropriate supplemental materials found below.
- 118 students
- Weekly academic enrichment classes
- Tutoring 4 days weekly
- 99% of students accepted into college
"Upward Bound helped me become a well-rounded person. Before, I just did well academically. Now I have strong speaking, analytical, and leadership skills." - E. Woods, Class of 2016, Northwestern University
The University of Chicago S.T.E.M. Initiative
- Students remain in program for avg. 3 years
- Over 100 contact hours/year
- Weekly laboratories taught at the UChicago
- Winter and Summer residential science institutes
- 100% enroll in college
- 54% complete STEM majors
For more information and our programs in action, visit our About Us page!
Services & How to Apply
- Academic Enrichment and Tutoring
- Time Management, Organizational, and Other Workshops
- College Research and Planning
- College Entrance Exam Preparation
- College Admissions and Financial Aid Application Preparation Assistance
- FAFSA and Financial Literacy Workshops
- University Residence Hall Experiences and Campus Visits
- Career Exploration
- Parent Workshops
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact the OSP-CP at firstname.lastname@example.org.